Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, January 29, 2010

Stupid Thing I Didn't Say
Or...Why would you antagonize a woman who's holding a machete?

So I was at a gun show over in Ft. Lauderdale last weekend looking at some "reference books" on warfare and incendiary products and so forth. A guy walked up to the table, picked up a book titled "BOOBYTRAPS" and said to me (whom he did not know), "Hey, isn't that what bras are for?" Then he laughed like this was the greatest joke ever and put the book back down.

A friend of mine told me now I know how the UPS man felt after I "propositioned" him. (Let us all please remember that was an accident.)

But the UPS man wasn't holding a sharp weapon. I was. Why would a guy antagonize a woman who's holding a machete?

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous sara williams said...

Maybe he wanted to show you what he had hidden in his boot?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Because he's a guy - 'nuf said. (Yeah, I said it - and I'm married.) Hope you're having a great day, Sandy. Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing. Blessings!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home