Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Word of the Day
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Juvenescent (adjective) – youthful, becoming young

Word in a Sentence: Birthday parties make adults a little more juvenescent; and I send best wishes for a happy birthday to my niece Robin Nicole Lender today in hopes that she has a fabulous party (without the adults making it frumpy)!

Your turn! My example was contrived today for Robin, so…you know…

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger thewriterslife said...

Happy birthday, Robin! Ahhh...to be 13 again...have the best day ever!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Isis McGowan said...

From one Capricorn to another: Happy Birthday!


Enjoy it while it lasts! :0)

6:01 AM  
Blogger Linda L Rucker said...

Happy birthday, Robin Nicole!! Thirteen is a great age! Have a blast, enjoy your birthday and remember to play with your dolls and jump some rope and just be a kid the rest of this year. Teendom starts in earnest next Jan. ! Have a great birthday!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Robin from your Dad! Enjoy your day! Here's hoping that you have a great one. I love you very much!
Dad
P.S. Thank you for this Sandy!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tina Murray said...

Happy 13th Birthday, Robin!!! Congrats on taking a giant step into your exciting future. Sandy is so proud of you. Hope we meet soon.

Tina Murray

9:25 AM  
Blogger theauthormike said...

Happy Birthday Robin, So, now you are thirteen, now you can start babysitting and making money. Don't waste it on boys. Treat yourself to what ever you want.
Uncle Mikee (a friend of Sandy's)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Juvenescent...isn't that a band....wait, no I'm thinking of something else.

Anyways, have a fantastic 13th birthday....you are officially a teenager!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I should be able to remember being 13 because that was almost 50 years ago and I remember much better things of my life that happened 30, 40 and even 50 plus years ago! Thinking of being 13 makes me feel very vibrant, alive, and yes, juvescent! Hope you maintain the "juvescent" thing not just today, but for all your life! Happy Birthday!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Oops! I just realized I flunked the spelling bee part of this thing! Dang you and these long words anyway, Sandy!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Philly Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Robin! May you always be juvenescent, no matter how many birthdays you have. Have a fabulous day!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the happiest of birthdays Robin. I can tell you that birthday wishes do come true.
Two weeks after my last birthday I got to meet the man of my dreams.
Since I was around 13 when I developed my crush on him I remember that age well. So always make that wish and believe.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Welcome to your teen years!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Robin! I hope your 13th year will be truly magical for you!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home