Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy New Moon on Monday
Or…what Duran Duran fans write about

On second thought, I’m not going to write about what Duran Duran fans write about. Most of it is very silly stuff that we love each other for, and we should just keep that to ourselves.

Suffice it to say, today is Monday. And there’s a new moon. It “began” sometime very late last night, but continues today, according to a majority of the calendars we’ve checked. Yes, we’re complete freaks and we check the calendars and almanacs at the beginning of the year so we know during which months new moons fall on Mondays. Why? Well, for those of you who aren’t familiar with Duran Duran’s extensive discography, they have a fabulous song called…you guessed it…"New Moon on Monday".

It’s the first Duran Duran song I ever heard. It’s the song that got me “hooked”. It’s the song I described to my friend Wendy one day at school when I was in junior high. And Wendy, like a true Duranie, promptly indoctrinated me. I’ve been an obsessed fan ever since.

To frighten you further, I’ll be watching all five (or is it six? Well, it doesn’t matter, I have them all and I’ll just sit there in front of them) versions of the music video when I get home from work this evening. Throughout the day, my cell phone will be amusing the people at work as friends call me to say “Happy New Moon on Monday,” and I’ll leave messages on friends’ home answering machines with excerpts of the song. We have to really play it up because today is the only new moon on Monday we have this year.

Pity.

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Duran Duran, New Moon on Monday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home