Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 18, 2007

And the Winner is…Christina Montana
Or…The Dragon is sending a sword to Christina

Congratulations to Southwest Florida Reading Festival attendee Christina Montana for not only entering the "Win Jorin Taiman’s Sword" contest yesterday at the festival when she stopped by the ArcheBooks booth, but for WINNING! I pulled her name out of the fancy schmancy box from Arcana’s treasury (Nigel Taiman let me borrow it because he’s just that cool) and e-mailed her this morning to let her know that I’ll be sending the sword to her post haste!

Congratulations, Christina! You’re the first person in history to receive memorabilia from the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy. Now, that may not feel so glamorous right now, but I intend to market this trilogy like mad, and, some day, Nigel, Chariss, and young Jorin Taiman will be as famous as Frodo, Sam, and Gandalf. You’ll be able to tell all your friends, “I got this sword when…” (I’m sending you a certificate, too.)

Another replica of Jorin Taiman’s sword will be the prize at my table at DragonCon in September.

(For a short excerpt from Choices Meant for Gods where Jorin’s sword is mentioned, read the next post.)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail Farrier said...

Congratulations, Christina!

I'd love to have something from Arcana...

"Abby"

1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats, Christina.

Sandy, that's a neat idea! :)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Linda L Rucker said...

Well, congratulations, Christina, and might I interest you in another good read? Dark Ridge by LL Rucker is now available and my good friend Sandy Lender highly recommends it, don'tcha, Sandy? LOL!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home