Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Mention of Jorin's Sword
Or...an excerpt from a scene in Choices Meant for Gods

...As much as she would have like to have pounced on the topic, verbally assaulting Godric's character, Chariss checked herself before his son. "Mister Taiman is my current benefactor. I appreciate what he's done for me."

Nigel laughed as he opened the weapons cabinet. "You don't have to play that game with me, My Lady. I hate the man. Are you also using my sword?" He glanced back at the weapon in her hand.'

"Unless you use a very light blade, I would say no."

His brow furrowed. "Someone's taken mine out. Well...no mind...I'll check with the teachers. This one should do for now."

Chariss couldn't hide a mocking smile when she saw he had Jorin's sword in his hand.

"This is humorous?"

"That's Jorin's. It looks...dainty in your hand."

He smiled at her. "And why is that?"

If she didn't know any better, she would swear he baited her into some specific answer. Not knowing his agenda, she answered honestly. "Well, you're a man holding a youth's weapon. It looks...unbalanced."

"Do you see anything else in here that might be more balanced?"

She approached the cabinet and stared in. "Well, that's strange. Where have all the men's weapons gone?"

-- to see why it's bad that all the men's weapons were gone, you'll have to get the book; it'll be available to order in about two weeks --

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home