Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, April 16, 2007


Happenings at The Dragon This Week
Or...what you should get excited about

We'll be celebrating the birthday of Charlotte Bronte this week! (It's not until the 21st, but we might as well get a head start, right?) We also have a guest author to interview Friday (and I'm keeping you in suspense today...). As writers we should be preparing letters to our representatives for Earth Day (and ya'll should remember me warning you about that last month on International Earth Day, yes?).

So this is a good week, despite taxes. And, because some folks are scurrying about with taxes today, I'll not take up your time with a long post this morning. Please note the colorful and fabulous book cover at left. That's my baby and she's available at www.amazon.com. I'm giving you the abbreviated link for a reason. I want folks to test out the search words I typed in to Amazon over the weekend. :) Yes, I've been playing. If you go to Amazon and type in "fantasy" or "sword" or "sorcerer" or "dragon" or even "shadows" (umm...that one is because I couldn't remember the name of the Harry Potter book and I thought it had "shadows" in it...yeah, I function on very little sleep), a screen should come up that includes Choices Meant for Gods with a description and a note from me welcoming you to purchase and enjoy my book. I encourage you to check this out and let me know if it works!

I also encourage you to get the book and read it because it's a pretty doggone cool story!

Have a great Monday, everyone. Tax-filing will be over soon.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda L Rucker said...

Saw a thing on the news about some guy in the Florida Senate, I think it was who got in a world of trouble because he emailed a gentle tax reminder to the masses that went sort of like: Remember to file your taxes by Tuesday the 17th. 12 million illegal aliens are counting on you!
So what's the big deal? How does truth rate recrimination?

9:19 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

You know, it might be true, but these public officials need to run "off-the-cuff" comments like that through their PR officers if they want to get re-elected. It was a funny thing to say...if he was Joe Schmoe from next door. But he's a representative of the people setting an example of how to think and act. He should be coming up with a plan for getting those illegal aliens back to their countries; and maybe a plan for helping those countries employ them gainfully and not treat them and their daughters like slaves.

:)

Just my little ol' opinion.
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home