Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Word of the Day
Sunday, May 27, 2007
S'hara (proper noun) – In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, this is the region on Onweald where Ofersey'n Darne Wold the Third lives and rules; fancy this – it's a desert region

Etymology: It's probably the most ludicrous name I came up with for the book, but I wanted a desert name with a silent "h" in it. So I pronounce it like Sahara, only without the "ha" in the middle. As with most of the words in my fantasy novel, I don't mind if you make up your own pronunciation.

Word in a Sentence (from the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, page 399, Brendan Naegling is speaking): "My Lady, we know forces approach Arcana City from the west to help our Master, and the emperor's army approaches from S'hara, all to converge here before Drake's armies can reach us."

Your turn! Do you have any arid, desert sentences to share today? See, I figure you could write a sentence with either the fantasy world word (woah, say that three times real fast) S'hara or the real-life Sahara.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home