Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Another Great Week of the Online Book Tour
Or...Fantasy Author Sandy Lender wants to thank folks again

I'm always amazed at how little effort it takes to post a simple interview. You just copy, paste, and hit the publish link/button/icon on the computer screen. But are you aware of how much work takes place behind the scenes to get to that point? The following people made a commitment to me last week to save space for new author Sandy Lender on their blogs or websites for a day, thought of questions related to the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods and my writing life that their visitors would want to know answers to, sent those questions to me for those answers, assembled their interview posts, and then kept track of all the missives and information up until their special day on the Online Book Tour, and hit the publish link/button/icon on the computer screen when it was time to go live.

It's not as easy breezy as it looks. It's not rocket science, but it takes coordination and organization, and I want to thank last week's hosts for making the effort to help me promote Choices Meant for Gods.

Monday was the announcement of my year-long web presence with DeNita Tuttle's Author Island at www.authorisland.com
Monday also saw my guest blog on Dorothy Thompson's www.straightfromtheauthorsmouth.com
Tuesday my interview appeared on www.bloggingauthors.com
Also on Tuesday, my press release appeared at USA Today
Also on Tuesday, the first chapter of Choices Meant for Gods appeared on www.thosemagicwords.blogspot.com now up and managed by Jamieson Wolf
On Wednesday, one of my international interviews went live at http://yewalus.blogspot.com with some fabulous questions from Yvonne's visitors
Thursday, one of my greatest cheerleaders, Linda Rucker hosted me with an interview at http://readingrucker.blogspot.com
Then yesterday, my publisher posted my guest blog on acceptance as a theme in Choices Meant for Gods as well as our interview at http://archeblog.blogspot.com

The reason I give you this rundown/recap is to encourage you to visit the sites you may have missed and to show you the hosts who have sites worth followup visits in the future. (And the reason you're getting it on Tuesday instead of over the weekend is the whole computer/modem debacle.) These are folks who are obviously interested in helping out new authors, thus they're going to have new talent and new stories to talk about in the coming months. And that's something worth checking out whenever you have time.

Now, today, I'm at thriller author Raven Bower's myspace blog at http://blog.myspace.com/raven_bower. She has a new novel out called Apparitions. I recommend it highly, especially if you wish to never walk in the woods again, or never swim in a lake again, or never sit in a room alone again, or never talk to strangers again, or never think about ghosts again, etc. CREEPS YA OUT! Fabulous. You can get it at the same place you get Choices Meant for Gods, which is everywhere, Baby! Barnes & Noble, Borders, Hastings, www.amazon.com, www.archebooks.com.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , ,
, , ,

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home