Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Turtle Mountain Dragons
Or…saving sea turtles with your frozen writing choices

You know how I love the turtles. Imagine my absolute delight when I found a company called Turtle Mountain that sells…

Get ready for it…

Green with brown dots ice cream (non-dairy, no less!) with proceeds going to support the Sea Turtle Restoration Project. Visit www.turtlemountain.com.

I nearly fell over in the grocery aisle.

Now, here's the scoop (pun intended). I think you have to shop at a healthy grocery store, like Wild Oats or Sun Splash or some such place that stocks organic products. Get thee to one of these places! Go to the frozen foods section. It will be small because people who eat healthy foods like this don't eat a lot of pre-packaged crap. Look for tan/brown containers with a product line called Purely Decadent. How's THAT for a product name, eh? Now, if you're allergic to soy, this is a bad experiment. Some forms of soy trigger migraine in me, but I had to try it out. Come on…Turtle Mountain? I was willing to experiment with the mint chocolate chip (no migraine!). And the tres cool part? Their mint chocolate chip is WHITE with brown dots instead of green because they use real mint. Color me turtley happy.

So how could I possibly turn my petition to other writers to purchase yummy Turtle Mountain frozen desserts into a writing-related post on Today the Dragon Wins? Watch this: WRITE back to me in the comments field telling me what your fave ice cream flavor is. But I don't just want to know what it is. Oh no. That would be too easy. You're a writer. Give me a reason, too. Bwuahahaha. And it can be simple and truthful. Or you can get creative and make something up. Like…I don't know…your favorite ice cream flavor is rocky road because you once met a llama on a rocky road and it saved your pet ferret from slipping down into a cleft in the rocks, which would have sent it careening off into a 90-foot drop through open space toward certain death. You know. Something like that.

Or, your favorite ice cream flavor is cherry because you're a Duran Duran fan.

Or, your favorite ice cream flavor could be anything topped with hot fudge, like the color of Nigel Taiman's eyes in the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, by yours truly, Sandy Lender, now available at any Barnes & Noble, Borders, or http://www.amazon.com/Choices-Meant-Gods-Sandy-Lender/dp/1595071652/ref=dp_return_1/104-9089752-5140754?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1175821346&sr=8-1. Yes, you can laugh at how cheesy that little marketing move was…

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

MMMMM! I LOVE chocolate-mint chip ice cream! Hot fudge on top of it sounds really decadent too. Only problem is - ain't got none here!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home