Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Writers Guide
Some More Duran Duran Inspiration Today
Or…another of The Dragon's favorite Duran lyrics

Because you can just never get enough Duran Duran, I'm posting the following coo-el Duran Duran lyric, just to inspire all ya'll writers visiting The Dragon today. This is a great lyric from Mr. LeBon et al. At the show in New York in June, this was the "rare" song the fans voted for the band to play. I burst into tears when they struck the first note. You see, Lonely in Your Nightmare is the song John Taylor played right after announcing to the fans gathered at the convention out in L.A. that fateful night so long ago that he was going to pursue his solo career apart from Duran for a while. God, that hurt. So it's one of those songs that takes a little emotional support to get through if you're really listening to the words…

I think this song is the theme song for Book III of the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy and I just didn't realize it until I started typing out the words for this post. How interesting.

Lonely in Your Nightmare
By Duran Duran

Even on the darkest night when empty promise means empty hand
And soldiers coming home like shadows turning red
When the lights of hope are fading quickly then look to me
I'll be your homing angel I'll be in your head.

Because you're lonely in your nightmare let me in
and there's heat beneath your winter let me in

I see the delta traces living lonely out on the limb.
And a passing glimmer warm beneath your skin
Please tread gently on the ground when all around you earth turns to fire.
Only get a second chance when danger's on the wind.

Because you're lonely in your nightmare let me in
Because there's heat beneath your winter let me in
and it's silent on your stone field let me in

Must be lucky weather when you find the kind of wind that you need
C'mon show me all the light and shade that made your name
I know you've got it in your head I've seen that look before
You've built your refuge turns you captive all the same.

Because you're lonely in your nightmare let me in
and it's barren in your garden let me in
Because there's heat beneath your winter let me in

Because it's silent in your stone field let me in
and you're lonely in your nightmare let me in
Because you've waited through your ice age let me in

Because you're so lonely in your nightmare let me in
and it's cold out on your stone range let me in
Because there's heat beneath your winter let me in


"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Sandy, are you sure we aren't sisters separated at birth??? This is one of my all time favorite DuranDuran songs! It always gives me the shivers (in a good way!). Thanks for the lyrics, hon!

Laura :0)

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home