Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, December 10, 2007
Word of the Day
Disconcert
(intransitive verb) — to perturb; to ruffle; to upset

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, Chariss finds it disconcerting that Lord Drake's desire for her is no longer merely to kill her when he catches her.

Your turn! Is there anything disconcerting to put in a sentence at this time of year? Throw it in the comment field. (For instance, I find it disconcerting that I found something inspirational that I could use by freaking Nietzsche for today's Quote of the Day. How bizarre is that!?)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee D said...

Hi Sandy and Aloha from Author Island. Ah, big word for the day!! It's a little disconcerting that I have so much to read, so much to do, so many places to go and not enough time to do it all!!!

It's also a little disconcerting that the Dragon doesn't win more often!!

It's also a little disconcerting that you can do Nietschke on a Monday!!!!

I think yours is the only blog I've ever visited twice!! I do enjoy it. Glad you keep coming to Author Island and reminding me!

I'm wishing you all the best of the Holiday season and New Year. Hope you and those you care for have a fun and safe Holiday.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ana said...

Hola Sandy, I am from Puerto Rico and Author Island sent me an invitation to your blog.I find it disconcerting that I can't find a Christmas gift for my friend.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,

I was disconcerted to realize that there were so many new contests at AuthorIsland and so little time to enter all of them. Here's wishing you success on your new book and happy holidays....

E.L. Felder (who is not disconcerted to be called an "ELF")

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home