Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Word of the Day
Exhaustion
(noun) — The fantasy author traveling in Vegas for the huge equipment show suffered from exhaustion. Oh, wait, definition first… the state of being depleted of energy; being so tired and out of steam as to wish to lay down and DIE! (slight exaggeration on that one)

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods, Chariss suffers from exhaustion after Master Rothahn forces her to fight conjured enemies for hours on end through the wee morning hours and into the following day as part of her training.

Your turn! (Now, Jeni, today's word is for you. Isn't this a kind and gentle word?) Do you have any instances of sleep deprivation, extreme fatigue, insane overwork, etc. that you could share with us in a sentence today?

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Compared to some days, when the little guy decides to wake up and howl just as I have decided to put my head to the pillow, the fact I actually got a solid 4 1/2 hours of uninterrupted sleep may just stave of complete and utter exhaustion until perhaps 6 p.m. instead of the feeling my body is about to fold up like a Japanese fan by 11 a.m. Ah, yes. Sleep is good, very, very good.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Nicely done...
I think I'm still suffering from exhaustion just because I can't put myself to bed at a reasonable hour! There's too much to do!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home