Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday, March 17, 2008
Word of the Day
Archaic (adjective) -- ancient, antiquated, old, out of date, belonging to an earlier time (from Greek meaning "beginning" or "to begin")

Word in a Sentence: The author of the fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods was stunned when the archaic hotel offered no wireless Internet service and no phone.

Your turn! My trip to the convention last week was obviously a little less than fabulous, so let's hear what interesting uses you have for today's selected word. :)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: ,

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Gosh Sandy, the first word of the day in a long time I've felt comfortable with. Probably that is because I AM Archaic!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

JENI!
Sweetie, just take your best stab at these babies. Some of them are insane, I know...but that's the point. The more insane they are, the more they make you stretch to be creative. It's what makes the writer in you groan. Bwuahahahahahaha.

You know, I wasn't always evil. I think marrying a regressing 7-year-old did it to me.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:33 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Groan - now there's a word for you. Some days, seems all I do is groan. So much so that you probably hear me, clear down in Florida.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home