Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Congratulations to Harold Sander

Or...The Dragon wonders if he's slain any intruders yet

At the recent DragonCon, Harold Sander entered and won the free drawing for the replica of Jorin Taiman's sword. Join me in congratulating him on the fabulous win. (Jorin Taiman is Nigel's younger brother in the Choices trilogy.)

This was Harold's first DragonCon and he went away with great art and a great win! He was even so kind as to pose for a picture for the blog, without ever asking if my hair was real or not. Bwuahahaha. (Truth be told, no one seemed to notice it was fake! So I'll be using that little mop for the duration of my treatments! Woo-hoo!)

If you'd like to win one of these fabulous swords, you have to attend an event where I'm signing. The next one of those is in November, in sunny Naples, Florida. The Barnes & Noble at the Waterside Shops is hosting a local authors event Saturday, Nov. 15. My time slot is from 10 a.m. to noon. I hope to see you there! I know I'll have my first novel, Choices Meant for Gods, and my short story anthology, What Choices We Made, available for purchase and personalization. And if you'd like to see the second novel, Choices Meant for Kings, make its debut at this event, please help me lobby my publisher to wave the magic wand of production over the production schedule...

No matter how that goes, I'm pleased that folks like Harold stop by my table at these events and share a bit of their time talking about books (and cutlery). Congrats again to the latest winner!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Sandy, the hair is gorgeous!! I love the color and it looks so cute on you!

Q-man has a birthday next month, and he is always telling me he wants a "real sword". Where do you get them? Please share offlist, ok? Thanks!

Laura :)

P.S. You still suck for meeting the Sesame Street Monster and Sean Astin. :)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

HEY!
Thank you for the kind words. My roommies at DragonCon thought the wig worked well, too. So I figure I've got a winner. I'll shoot you a note about the swords when I get back from the doctor. Got one o' them three-hour appointments this morning and I'm about to make myself late with all this posting biz'ness here. I think there's a post for tomorrow in this sword thing, too. It's complex, you know. :)
Check ya later!
I can send you extra pictures of the SSmonster if you like!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home