Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Interview with Author Jane Kennedy Sutton

Welcome to The Dragon, Jane. Today we're conducting an interview that one might experience while participating in an Online Book Tour. So let me ask you a few questions about your recent release The Ride.

The Dragon: First, can you tell us what genre you would use to classify The Ride? I saw it more as a women's adventure story, but I don't know if that's a real category or not!

Jane Kennedy Sutton: The Ride is classified as contemporary women’s fiction. However, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the positive comments and reviews received from men, which leads me to believe contemporary fiction best describes the genre.

The Dragon: The reviews for The Ride have been largely positive whether people love the main character, Barbie, or want to yell at her. How do you feel toward this character that you lived with while writing for so long? (And how long did you live with her in your head?)

Jane Kennedy Sutton: I can so identify with many of Barbie’s less favorable qualities that I was shocked when I first heard someone didn’t like her. However, in retrospect, I can understand how people can be frustrated with how her low self-esteem leads her to make choices in her life that are not in her best interest. Barbie has been in my head for so many years I’ve lost count and at times I still think of her as an actual ‘being.’

The Dragon: When was The Ride released?

Jane Kennedy Sutton: August 2008 – a month I’ll never forget.

The Dragon: This is your first novel and I know the process was long. Can you share with our visitors what feelings you had when you finally got to hold your book in your hand?

Jane Kennedy Sutton: As the commercial says, “Priceless.” There are times I still find myself hesitant to list my occupation as an author.

The Dragon: You have vast experiences from your travels and the many places you've lived. Will you be working more of those life experiences into more books? Are there more stories already in the works?

Jane Kennedy Sutton: I think my travels and experiences always work their way into my writing but not necessarily in a literal context. I have finished the first draft of my second novel and I do have a million other ideas for books floating around in my head.

The Dragon: Where can visitors go now to get a copy of The Ride? Or to learn more about you?

Jane Kennedy Sutton: The Ride is available at Amazon and other online bookstores. If you don’t see it in your favorite local bookstore, they should be able to order it for you through Ingrams or Baker & Taylor. It’s also available at a discounted price through the publisher, ArcheBooks Publishing. Please visit my web site janesutton.com or my blog janekennedysutton.blogspot.com for additional information, including upcoming events.

The Dragon: It was a joy to have you stop by The Dragon today, Jane. I'm glad you could make some time to show our visitors how an Online Book Tour interview looks, and I hope they check out your book!

Sandy, it was a pleasure to be here and to participate. Thanks for thinking about me.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , ,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Visitors: You can see several reviews for Jane's novel at her amazon page. The link is huge and not "linking" here, for some reason. (I'm probably doing something wrong today.) I apologize, Jane. Sigh.

Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home