Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Moth Sex
Or...The Dragon is intrigued by the Tantric Love Positions of the moths

Yes, I've lost my mind. I noticed a striking little white moth when I went out yesterday. She (I'm making that assumption) was on the stucco pillar outside the entrance to my apartment in a spot that I figured could attract a bird looking for a juicy morsel. Apparently, her little moth pheremones attracted a boy.

This morning she was tucked alongside the doorframe with a gentleman moth positioned below making moth eggs. And I guess you would call those pre-caterpillars, right?

Anyway, I was on my way out to the mecca that is Wal-mart. Sigh. I hate supporting that, but what can you do? Given events as of late, it's not like I have stray cash. When I got back from Wal-mart, the moths had opened their wings a bit and shifted position. I don't know if this makes "depositing" material easier. But when I went back out a few minutes ago, they were back in the original position with wings down at their sides and I decided I had to get pictures for the blog. I mean, come on. This has to be shared with the World Wide Web, doesn't it?

Can anyone tell from this stellar example of photographing genius what kind of moths these are? All I know is that they're very pretty and they've been working at continuing their species for at least six hours.

:)

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: ,

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I have no idea what kind of months they are other than the kind that are not into 'quickies!' Enjoyed the post.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* My friend Chris and I went to the zoo one day and got caught up in a crowd watching the cute little monkeys.

Well, one of the monkeys grabbed another monkey and, well, they started having themselves a grand old time. Chris and I looked around, saw all the little kids, and immediately started a countdown..."3....2....1...."

On cue, a chorus of little voices, "Mommy, Daddy, what's that monkey doing to the other monkey?"

I don't think the parents appreciated us laughing....

11:33 PM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Hey, it's Spring! Time for everyone to do that "Spring Thing", you know? But six hours, man, that's stamina! LOL!

Thanks for making me laugh!

Laura ;)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Magdalene,
Parents confronted by public explanation of the birds and the bees...hilarious. I know because I did this to my poor mom when I was a young teen. I didn't think it was funny when I asked her (in the grocery store lane) what "virginity" meant. Of course, I mispronounced it... I used the incident in a short story in the chapbook "What Choices We Made" last fall.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

5:44 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Now, Jane, Laura,
You would be stunned by the number of moths collected around my door. They're pairing up...
It's like a crazy moth rave out there.
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home