Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I BEAT CANCER!
Or...The Dragon's singing We Are the Champions by Queen

It's been going through my head since my doctor appointment this morning. We are the champions, my friend, and we'll keep on fighting 'til the end. We are the champions, we are the champions...

So I went to the radiologist this morning for a followup, and he read the results of my most recent CT and PET scans. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am cured. The tumors are shrunken little husks of what they used to be. There are no new ones. Hodgkins Lymphoma is the cancer that doctors can cure 100% and he says I'm there!

I am so thankful!

And let me tell you something. I had Baptists, Buddhists, Catholics, Jews, Lutherans, Methodists, New Agers, and Presbyterians praying, lighting candles, and offering positive thoughts to the universe for my good health throughout this ordeal. I thank God every day for my healing. He is the Great Physician and I am lucky (considering my insane family tree) that Hodgkins was the disease that fell out on me. And I thank my friends and family who kept me in their thoughts and prayers. God is good and he gave us good doctors down here in sunny Florida.

Now...it's back to writing and promoting and taking on the world for Fantasy Author Sandy Lender!
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Range said...

Sandy,

I'm so happy for you! Congrats on winning the fight. I'll look forward to seeing more great work (and wine recommendations) from you.

Range

7:28 PM  
Blogger Jamieson Wolf said...

OMG! SANDY HONEY!!!

That's the best news I've heard all week! How AMAZING is that for you? OMG, OMG OMG!!!

SEE! I had faith that you would come through this. Not only do you rock, but you also rock out! Wooot!

(It should be noted that I am exhausted, so if this makes no sense, that is why. *grin*)

You go Sandy Honey and I'm SO HAPPY for you!

Huggles
Jamieson

www.jamiesonwolf.com

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Jenni Moore said...

Sandy I am so happy to hear that you have slain the evil dragon!!!!!!

Now you can get back to concentrating on the dragon that you love (and that I miss reading about).

Congrats honey and I hope to see you again soon,

Jenni

9:32 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

That's the best news I've heard in a long, long time, Kiddo! I do know the feeling -euphoria I think it is -to realize you have just beaten back on huge wolf from your doorstep. It's been six years now since my diagnosis, chemo, radiation, surgery, more chemo -and a few other ailments tossed in since then but none of them had the big C word there! Just very happy for you and as Jenni said above, now you can return to fighting other dragons!
Great job!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Yes, Range, another wine recommendation is on its way!

Jamieson, I rock to the fab tunes (like Chromeo) you've suggested on your blog.

Jenni, I've been revising Book III so I'll get it to you soon, my test reader.

Jeni, I'm convinced time takes care of everything. (I'm just not good at waiting on time.)

Thank you for your good wishes, everybody! Onward, ho! The cool thing is...I've been writing and doing mild promotion and whatnot for the books...but all of a sudden it's like I've been cleared for takeoff. I've got some speaking things arranged and there's an online book tour coming up for the entire month of June. It's like there's life again. Woo-hoo!

Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:23 AM  
Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Excellent news, Sandy! I admire the courage, strength, and optimism you managed to maintain through the horrible ordeal. I am so happy for you, your family, friends and fans.

Jane Kennedy Sutton
http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Yay!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Margaret Fieland said...

Congratulations on your *wonderful* news.

11:27 AM  
Blogger ChrisChat said...

This is the best news!! MEGA HUGS. Been thinking about you and hoping, GREAT NEWS.

Now get back to writing ;-)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

What wonderful news. Congratulations Sandy!

Cheryl

10:25 PM  
Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

Hi, Sandy!

I got your email yesterday, and immediately burst into tears of joy that you are 100% healthy. Now we need to get marketing those books of yours so you hit the NY Times Bestseller List with ALL OF THEM!! Then QH and I will fly down and sip champagne with you on your brand new yacht! :)

Hugs,love and kisses to you, and congratulations!

Laura ;)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Hywela Lyn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Hywela Lyn said...

Sandy - pleased to meet you and I am really looking forward to having you as guest on my Blog.

I am SO happy that you've won your fight against the 'Big C'. Congratulations it must be a huge relief to you and all those who love you. Hope you were able to celebrate big time.

(Sorry, it's late here, had to delete previous post due to typo!)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

To Everybody,
THANK YOU for your fabulous positive words and energy! I've appreciated the words of encouragement and the prayers and good vibes you've sent all along. It's an honor to share this good news with you now. AND it's an honor to move forward with this career!
Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Amber said...

*cheers* I hope your follow-ups have the same good news. :)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home