Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gangstagrass Moves Me
Or...The Dragon suggests watching what Hollywood's up to

Wanna know what literary agents are looking for at any given time? What are they trying to sell to editors for the next literary trend? Take a look at the television set. Hollywood tends to hit it before the books do. I'm rather interested in a fella with an itchy trigger finger showin' up for the U.S. Marshall's office in some backwater town he doesn't wanna be in with this fabulous gangstagrass theme song:



Just because FX has taken a chance on a season with Justified, does this mean all the big New York publishers will be churning out cowboys in the midst of forensic evidence and computer devices? Hopefully not. This one works and it's enough.

It's not really my cuppa tea.

Although that Timothy Olyphant is.

I prefer spaceships. But I confess to liking my spaceship captains with six-shooters (or plasma-shooters, if you prefer) in holsters at their hips. Ala Captain Tightpants from Firefly. Mmmmmm. Would Joss Whedon have let Rench and T.O.N.E.-z do his theme song if SyFy had picked up the series for another run?

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura M. Crawford said...

If you want to see Timothy Olyphant in his yummy glory, rent the movie "Hitman". He plays a hitman with a heart of gold. The stuff he does is awesome in the movie. :) I didn't know it was him until you mentioned him and I did a Google search on his image. Sigh. I wish I had more time to search for such beautiful sights online. :) Enjoy the view, my friend. And as for Captain Tightpants, he is currently on one of my favorite shows, Castle on the ABC Network. He's good to look at for long periods of time. :)

I never saw Firefly, but caught parts of Serenity. I'll have to add both to my collection. :)

Laura :)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home