Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Read Digital Literature This Week
Or...it's Read an eBook Week

March 7 through 13, 2010, is Read an eBook Week, and those of us who have novels released in eBook format (and print) are out reminding the world to give an eBook a try. This isn't just because we want you to buy our books (although, yes, that's important for the numbers our publishers see), but it's also because eBooks kill even less trees than the print on demand (POD) format. I think the makers of electronic devices probably have a hand in this week as well...but you'd have to dig to find their involvement. Oh! Wait! One of them is sponsoring it! Mwuahahaha.

Okay, all kidding aside (and you can tell THIS isn't the official marketing stuff the "Read an eBook Week" site sent out), ArcheBooks Publishing HAS released Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings on Kindle in addition to hardcover, so I'm pretty stoked to support the non-dead-tree format of books as well as the traditional, normal, I-love-to-hold-a-book-smelling-book-in-my-hand format of books. So I encourage all ya'll to read an eBook this week, whether you already have one of those mega-expensive devices or not.

How can this be done?!?!?

Most eBooks are available in a format that can be read on your computer screen as well as your smart phone as well as your handy dandy eReader device of the hour. Including mine! You can either purchase the fabulous downloadable pdfs of Sandy Lender's novels direct from the publisher or at Amazon. But here's the thing: This is not an ad for Fantasy Author Sandy Lender. This is an ad for all eBooks everywhere. There's a Kindle store on Amazon. Most publishers have their authors' books available for pdf download. B&N has a nook section. Check this stuff out!

Read an eBook this week!
Crazed sermon over.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Glenda A Bixler Reviews said...

Sandy, I was just stopping for a little lunch, from reading an ebook, entitled, LasVegas Chew Toy! It is simply delightful and I'm having fun with it! My review will be out later this week, so I'll add that people can find it just about anywhere, just as they can for my reviews of the books by the owner of this blog...

Best,
Glenda

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Though I’d like to save trees, I just can’t get into ebooks. I’ve had one on my computer for about a year and just can’t make myself read it. I still want books I can hold and paper pages I can flip. But I do hope that all the fans of ebooks download a bunch of books, including yours and mine, from legitimate sites.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Good to see you again, Glenda! There are a bunch of good eBooks out there. I've started making a list on Amazon in the Listmania! section of ones I think people shouldn't live without. ;)

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Hello, Jane!
I think I'll dive in with one of these readers as soon as I save up my pennies, but, I'm with you on the "feel" of a book. I love the romance of it. A good book is a good friend and you can't snuggle up with an eReader the same way...it's like robots versus real friends in the future. :) They serve a nice purpose, but can't replace the real thing.

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home