Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lamborghinis and Health Insurance
Or…aspiring to greatness with the writing career

Some day, I hope to have enough money to afford both medicine AND food at the same time, and I’d like to be so comfortable as to be able to afford a Lamborghini. But I’ll spend the $230,000 on something more sensible...even though I sure like those sexy cars.

Here’s the scoop. While going to Walgreen’s this afternoon, I saw a dark blue car hidden at the back of the parking lot behind a row of bushes. Wait. I’m sorry. Did I refer to him as a car? I mean to say, I saw a gleaming, sparkling, electric-blue hunk of steaming metallic sex behind a row of bushes. I turned around to take a look at this, as two other drivers did. One guy got out of his car to take a picture of this gorgeous piece of automotive orgasmic beauty. It was the most beautiful Lamborghini I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen red ones, yellow ones, and one very odd lime green one before. Today…I saw Heaven.

Strange how “reality” works.

I went from staring at the ultra-expensive and gorgeous dream car to standing at the pickup window in Walgreen’s where I thought, “I live on the edge.” Edge I tell you. Edge because my prescription cost $50.11. I had exactly $50.84 in my bank account. That, my friends, is God’s provision. My health insurance saved me $60.88, so I’m pretty darn thankful for Blue Cross/Blue Shield once again. And I’m not going to be getting a Lamborghini anytime soon.

Of course, if you’d like to contribute to the Sandy's Dream of Medicine AND Food fund, I totally encourage you to stop by Amazon and order your copy of either Choices Meant for Gods or Choices Meant for Kings or What Choices We Made. Bwuahahahahaha.

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”
Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger M Pax said...

Wow. I had that reaction to a Mercedes two-seater once in a midnight blue. I literally turned my head in the other direction.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

M Pax,
I saw a BMW Alana at a stoplight about two years ago. Gorgeous car. There was no one behind me so I put my sad little Saturn in reverse and oh-so-obviously scoped out the car next to me. I'm sure everyone thought I was nuts, but it was just a beautiful car...I've never seen it since...

I drive a Charger now so I feel a little less inadequate. He he he.

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

12:09 PM  
Blogger Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I can really relate to this, Sandy, as I have been going through sticker shock at Walgren’s lately myself. I have a feeling you’ll be able to buy a Lamborghini one of these days when Hollywood gets wind of your Choices series and makes the movies!)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home