Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Galleys Arrived
Or...Choices Meant for Gods is a step closer to publication

A fabulous thing happened yesterday. My publisher at ArcheBooks sent me the galleys (final proof) for Choices Meant for Gods. Woo-hoo! Never fear, I won't neglect you here at The Dragon. We still have grammar and writing tips to post each day, and I'll keep that up just fine while I edit/proof my galleys. (I'll just be really excited while I'm posting.)

I wonder if I can get Nigel to help me. He's become quite adept at manipulating the blogosphere. But as Chariss will tell you, Nigel Taimain is a quick learner. Who is Chariss, you ask? She's the main character in Choices Meant for Gods. She's the young lady who's been on the run from a madman all her life, and when she decides to stand and fight, she discovers she's wrapped in centuries of prophecy that involve her protecting the very gods themselves. It's a fantasy novel with wizards and sorcerers and dragons and several new elements a high-epic fantasy story should entail woven into a new world where good versus evil is in the background, shadowing what drives the main character, but by no means influencing the cast around her.

I have a review from a fellow who writes for Linear Reflections that I think will sell this book for me. I'll post it as we get closer to the release date. For now, I'm just excited to have my galleys to review.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Way to go Sandy! You're really moving along very quickly now with the book and it will be no time before it hits the stands!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

OW!
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked. It's surreal right now. My publisher sent me a pdf of the cover design and I just stared at it for a long time, coming to grips with the fact that my name was on it...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home