Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 04, 2007


The Dragons are in Editing
Or…Choices Meant for Gods is with the copy editor now

In fantastic news, I learned yesterday that Choices Meant for Gods by yours truly, Sandy Lender, is with the copy editor at ArcheBooks Publishing. Furthermore, he is “almost done” with it.

This is great and exciting news! Of course I’ll keep everyone posted when galleys arrive, when I get them back to the publishing house, when I see the dust jacket, etc. It’s an exciting time, and I thank you visitors who are here living the experience with me. Keep in mind that the image above is a poster I created for the book with placeholder art by Megan Kissinger (whom we'll host at The Dragon later this month), and not the actual cover of the fantasy novel. I'll post that for you as soon as I have it...

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, ArcheBooks, ,

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

That is really great - and very exciting news for you as well as everyone else from the Writersville Gang. Also - Just wanted to let you know I AM reading your Vampire serial story with each installment!!! No, I am not converted to being a big fan of that genre - at least not yet - but at least, you convinced me to not just shut the door on it and never give it a glance! Progress, huh? Maybe you can teach old dogs new tricks after all!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
I think what you like about the vampire serial story is that it's not ALL about the vampires, yes? ;) It's got everything but the kitchen sink in there!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:36 AM  
Blogger Raven Bower said...

Very exciting :)

I'm curious now. Which genre is the vampire story written in?

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Raven,
The vampire story is part speculative fiction, part romance (sort of), part comedy...
We're up to scene 19 in the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sandysvampiresunrise/join. It's a bizarre little romp with a little something for everyone -- not every scene is scary -- not every scene is funny -- and I haven't posted the few (emphasis on the word few) gory scenes yet. The group I've got reading doesn't strike me as the right audience for a gore-fest-vampire piece.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home