Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Word of the Day
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Reprobate (noun) – One who is doomed, condemned, predestined for damnation; a profligate; a person without morals or principals (from Latin)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Henry Bakerson appears at first glance to be a complete reprobate, and the reader may worry that he’ll drag Nigel back to their old, carousing ways.

Your turn! I bet you can use this in a very provocative sentence!

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Sometimes, my kids - especially my older daughter - tend to think I am really an old reprobate and there is no hope for me to see things in their light. You'll have to read my blog for today to figure out why I said that!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
I have to run out the door or I'll be late, so I can't look this up...post your address in your response here...I know the name of your blog is Down River Drivel, but my favorites don't have that as an option...
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home