Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Word of the Day
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Balneology (noun) – Mineral bath therapy (from Latin)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Chariss employs balneology in the bathing rooms of Arcana when she’s depressed and when Nigel leaves for Bellan.

Your turn! This is actually a calm, lovely word, isn’t it? Give me a soothing sentence.

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I think what would do me wonders is some balneology to soothe my itches of all types -most especially maybe the Cabin Fever I'm getting from looking at this constant layer of snow outside my house.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

I'm wondering if balneology would help with my stress or not. I think I just have a couple months to get through before everything becomes peaceful again...

Sigh.

I guess the only thing to do for it is keep trudgin'!

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home