Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Word of the Day
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Escapism (noun) – The habit of going into self-deceiving fantasy to get away from unpleasant reality (and that really says it all so I don’t think I need to add anything to it)

Word in a Sentence: When banks foreclose on my house tomorrow, I shall employ my defense mechanism of escapism to work on the Choices Meant for Gods trilogy to pretend life isn’t crumbling around me.

Your turn! Can you use it in a more upbeat sort of sentence perhaps?

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I'm wondering tonight if I am on the manic side of bipolar right now or just indulging myself in a little friendly bit of escapism by tackling knitting scarves, sorting through mounds and mounds of old photos to post to the webpage thing available through Picassa so that I can share many decades worth of family photos with those in my family who might enjoy seeing that! It's a toss-up - you be the judge of that.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Picassa kept crashing my internet connection so I gave it up. Had to uninstall it. Voila. Problems went away. Now, is that escapist thinking because another problem is inherent in the system (Monty Python fan here) and Picassa merely exacerbated it?

Or does dial-up just suck wind?

:)

I don't think you're bipolar. Too many diagnoses of that as of late. I think you just have a lot of projects to work on. It's a proven fact that women get stressed out when they aren't allowed to finish tasks, so, you know, you could pick one to focus on and get through it and I bet you'd feel better.

Sandy L.
"Some days, you just want the dragon to eat the computer."

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home