Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 09, 2007

Word of the Day
Friday, March 9, 2007
Relinquish (transitive verb) – To abandon, leave, put aside; to desist from; to surrender or renounce something (from Middle English relinquysshen)

Word in a Sentence: (WARNING: sappy lovey dovey sentence ahead) In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, Nigel relinquishes his heart to Amanda Chariss the moment he sees her, but doesn’t relinquish his senses for at least a few chapters after the encounter.

Your turn! Any power-struggle sorts of sentences for me today?

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Raven Bower said...

"I shalt not relinquish my coffee!"

Too little sleep - too much coffee :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Ooooh...Yeah...my addiction is chocolate.

I shall not relinquish my chocolate, for it is the only thing keeping my body alive right now.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home