Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Word of the Day
Thursday, March 1, 2007
Disappointed (adjective) – A state of being made unhappy by someone or something else’s failure; the failure of one’s hopes; frustrated (from Middle English and Old French)

Word in a Sentence: Being disappointed in the person I live with can be ignored until the divorce is completed by delving into my work on my Choices Meant for Gods trilogy.

Your turn! It’s not a very uplifting word today, but you writers can take the challenge!

“Some days, you just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Over the past 12 plus years, I have been very disappointed by my inability to secure even an interview for employment in my field of study which led to great feelings of inadequacy and high levels of depression.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Woah.
Yes, that would be disappointing! Jeni, you wouldn't happen to live next door to me, would you? I praise God for finally getting a job in magazine publishing in this insane town...Moving was going to be problematic.
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home