Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Word of the Day
Easter Sunday, April 08, 2007
Rejoice (verb) – To be extremely glad; to be full of joy; to be happy beyond measure (from Middle English rejoicen and Latin gaudere)

Word in a Sentence: (Again, not doing a sentence from Choices Meant for Gods today; we’ll get back to that tomorrow.) Mary Magdelene rejoiced when the resurrected Christ appeared to her.
(Editor’s note: I think it’s fabulous that the person Jesus chose to appear to was…a woman. Of course, please note that all the men were sitting around crying in their beer while the woman was going to take care of business, seeking out the missing body. Also, it’s most cool that the first person Jesus put into ministry upon His resurrection was…a woman. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God and your God. –St. John 20:17 (emphasis mine) What gets me is she up and follows His directive with no question recorded here. I’m such a slacker in comparison…)

Your turn! The word of the day is rejoice. I know you folks have some good sentences in you with a positive word like that!

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Rejoice! This is the day the Lord hath made, rejoice and be glad in it.
Not just today, but everyday. Rejoice and be glad in it.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home