Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Word of the Day
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Triumphant (adjective) – Successful; exulting in victory; Conquering (great word for today isn’t it?) (from Greek thriambos – if you remember your Greek mythology, this was a hymn to Bacchus, the god of wine, associated with Dionysus)

Word in a Sentence: In Choices Meant for Gods, when Chariss saves Nigel from a ryfel in Arcana’s training arena, she plunges her sword through it with a triumphant yell. (For effect, right?)

Your turn! This is a very positive, fabulous word today. What affirmative sentences can you come up with for me?

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

The only thing that would make me feel triumphant now would be losing at least 15-20 pounds, preferably a whole lot more, before my 45th Class Reunion to be held two months from now.
I wanted to use an exclamation point at the end of that sentence, but didn't. I'm one of those "guilty as charged" who uses the exclamation point at the end of darned near every sentence it seems - especially when chatting online.
Wow - twice in one comment I avoided that piece of punctuation. Am I getting good or what?

11:21 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
Your sentence is an ABSOLUTE triumph!!!!

;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home