Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Promotional Guide
Say Cheese

The bell curve at my first book signing for Choices Meant for Gods was in direct correlation to my mood swing. I started out hesitant, nervous, and with an uneasy smile. I know because I felt it - and I felt irritation with myself over it. "I'm more outgoing than this! I'm friendlier than this!" So I threw the law of attraction into practice, used my real smile (the one I like to imagine Chariss flashing at her mentor Hrazon when she's happy), and things began to pick up.

Unfortunately, traffic slowed toward the end of my two-hour stint and I let exhaustion cool my momentum, and my smile. You better believe people can read it in your body language when you're just not excited - so why should they be? One way to make sure you're promoting yourself well is to maintain a positive level of excitement and enthusiasm for your product, even if you're ready for your 4:00 nap.

Practice flashing those pearly whites until your enthusiasm shines through. Folks'll see it in you.

Tags: , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Somehow, I have a hard time trying to picture you not being the absolute picture of enthusiasm, especially where this book is concerned! Well, not until you get home maybe and collapse in front of your keyboard and start to relate the days events, that is. Even then, I can envision sparkling eyes as you let rip on everything annoying in your life and entertain lots of others in the process. Hope you're not planning to "stay in the kitchen" and doing mundane commenting much longer kid - life gets so boring without your sparkling repartee ya know!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Nigel said...

Jeni,
I'm keeping her out of trouble. Never fear.

All my best,
Nigel Taiman

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home