Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, July 04, 2009

We Have Winners!
Or…The Dragon gives away books to celebrate successful online book tour

I haven’t posted at this blog for a month (or so) because I’ve been posting at a bunch of other places since June 1 for my third online book tour. The great news is the tour has been a great success. I’m surprised at the hits to this site. We went from 23,320 to 23,791 with no new posts from me. Odd stat, but cool to have folks checking in to learn more about me. My rank for Today the Dragon Wins at Technorati went from 376,090 to 269,519, which isn’t fabulous, but, hey, I’ll take the improvement. What I found bizarre is that, after being showcased (and linked) on 20 or so blogs, Today the Dragon Wins’ authority at Technorati went from 15 to 14. Methinks Technorati needs to adjust their system, eh? (There's a nifty green button at the upper right of this blog post where you can link to "favorite" this blog on Technorati, if you're so inclined.)

On Twitter, I went from 59 followers to 1,649 thanks to my participation with my good friend Jamieson Wolf in the Internet’s first live Tweeterview. (You can read the full transcript at this blog.)

I joined facebook in the middle of the tour and now have 125 connections there. At Amazon, my page for Choices Meant for Gods gained another five-star review and my ranking improved overall. Its best was 59,884 one Friday (late morning).

In other great news, I met some fun people during the tour. From the hosts to the visitors, fantasy readers with excellent ideas and senses of humor made me thankful for the time, energy, and dollars I put into the tour. It was worth it. Now, I get to give a little extra “thank you” to a few of those folks. My tour organizers pulled names from those who left comments each week during the tour and here are the winners who will be receiving hardcover, first edition, personalized copies of Choices Meant for Gods in the mail!

The tour host winner is Cynthia Eden. We had the most comments (29—not counting duplicates or my comments) the day she hosted me at her site.

Week One Winner: Pauline Baird Jones
Week Two Winner: My Newest Stalker, Mysti Holiday
Week Three Winner: Lisa Lawmaster Hess
Week Four Winner: M (love the Bond reference!)
Week Five Winner: Deborah Panger

With the comments link below, please join me in not only congratulating these folks on winning a fabulous vacation-in-a-book, but also in thanking them for supporting me during the tour with their kind words. It was a fantastic journey.

(You can also follow this blog so you're notified when I update with news.)

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Many thanks for picking me as week one winner! So excited to get the book. :-) And it was fun being your host.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Amber said...

Congratulations to the winners!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Pauline,
It was a blast!
I think it's too late at night for me to be trying to post replies here...my brain is off...I think I'm trying to type "thank you". :)
And as soon as I get a couple addresses from my tour ladies, I'm hittin' the post office with goodies! Woo-hoo!
Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Hi, Amber!
Thanks for stopping in!
Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:59 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Sandy-
What a great time you must have had! It was fun checking in with you. Hope all is well!
Blessings!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Oooooo, Mags!
First, it was lovely to see you while on the tour.
Second, I need to send you some "test pages" from Book III.
Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:47 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

It took a while, but I have all but one of the addresses and I got to a post office that a) was open during its posted hours and b) had its counter staffed/manned during its posted hours. No kidding.

So, Winners, books are on the way! Woo-hoo!
Sandy Lender
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home