Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, September 11, 2009

Writing Contests, Book Tours, Literary Festivals, Signing Updates
Or...The Dragon should update more often

First, the 3-Day Novel Contest was a fantastic exercise. I completed a 50,072-word sci-fi horror novel by 1 p.m. Monday and spent the rest of the time editing, adding scenes, fixing strange things I'd typed during those "hallucination" hours (you know...3 a.m., 4 a.m.). I discovered something intriguing about myself. My subconscious does not appreciate the alarm on my alarm clock and will control my body to the point that "I" get up, turn off the alarm, and lay back down to continue sleeping until one of the characters in my brain starts screaming that we're "wasting time."

Second, my current online book tour in support of CHOICES MEANT FOR KINGS is going very well. We have a variety of guest blogs and interviews lined up through Oct. 4 at the different tour stops. We also have an opportunity for one lucky participant to win a hardcover, first edition, autographed copy of the first fantasy novel in my CHOICES series, CHOICES MEANT FOR GODS. All you have to do is stop in during one of the tour dates and leave a comment at that day's fabulous blog to have your name entered in the drawing. (Remember to put your e-mail address in your comment so we can reach you if you're the winner!) A list of tour dates and blogs to visit is at the Goddess Fish blog site.

Third, I'm doing some IRL appearances this fall to support CHOICES MEANT FOR KINGS. I'll have more announcements about that and how these appearances are coming about...because it's that cool...as soon as contracts are complete and I have permission to blab. :) In the meantime, if you're in the Tampa area Saturday, Sept. 12, I hope I can see you at the Deep Carnivale literary event on the Hillsborough Community College Campus. I'll be set up in the Performing Arts building with my fellow ArcheBooks authors Jane Kennedy Sutton (The Ride), Tina Murray (A Chance to Say Yes), and Henry Hermann (Beginnings) to sell & sign books from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and would love to meet some new Florida readers.

I've just confirmed a book signing at the Waterside Shops Barnes & Noble in Naples, Fla., for Oct. 31 from 10 a.m. to noon where I'll be signing all three of my titles. There are additional events listed on my fantasy Web site and I encourage you to check back there frequently for updates.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi :)
Thank you for the great blog post.
It looks like you are in a whirlwind of activity.
Wishing you all the best, safe travelling, great writing, and great turnouts.
:)
@RKCharron
xoxo

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home