Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Word of the Day
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Lamia (noun) – Today’s word is fabulous. Lamia is a sorceress or a vampire! Excellent! In Greek mythology, it’s also a serpent-like monster with the head and breasts of a woman. The beast supposedly sucks the blood of children.

Word in a Sentence: I particularly enjoyed Lamia’s performance of Come Undone on Duran Duran’s 1993 tour and also keep her song Bring Me Men in regular rotation on my iTunes.

Bwuahahahaha. Your turn! Use it in a sentence, folks! And with a word like this, I expect fabulous creativity.

(And if you're looking for vampires, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sandysvampiresunrise, or read the teaser on this blog below at "Saving a Vampire from the Summer Sunrise".)

"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Not even going to attempt trying a sentence tonight with that word, Sandy!

I just expended all my excess brain energy this evening writing an article for the next issue of the local newsletter I write for (usually) when the editor decides to publish it! Sapped all my language and little bits of literary talents (is there such a thing?) to get that puppy done! I'll probably post it online after I get it approved by the parents of the kid I was writing it about! A future presidential candidate though, no less!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home