Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Word of the Day
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Overturn (verb) – To capsize; to upset; to turn something over; to overthrow or defeat someone or something (as in, the St. Louis Cardinals overturned the sports pundits’ expectations when the team won the World Series this past year)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, the lesser goddess Mia overturns Godric Taiman’s decision to throw Amanda Chariss out of his home when she tells him to sit down, shut up, and let the young lady stay sheltered at the Taiman estate.

Your turn! Today’s word is a really easy one so I know you can give me a great sentence with no sweat!

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Hmmm. Sounds to me like your mindset about advertising, etc., got a bit of an overturn there over the weekend, didn't it Sandy, girl! Neat idea to get pens as a giveaway and have the url or other little things earmarking your book on them. Great way to keep that up front in the readers' minds.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

It was bizarre. I've had people take pens from my booth at events before, but just because they weren't paying attention or whatever, right? So it's no big deal, and I don't care, but it was odd that she looked at this cheapoid pen and was thrilled by it. I instantly wished I had spent the time and money to get my URL put on some pens to have at the booth, which, typically, I view as a "throw-away" kind of item.

Rar!

But there ya go. The throw-away promo item would have been a good thing to have that day. :) The experience overturned my way of thinking. ;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home