Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Choices Meant for Gods Went to the Printer
Or...you can order your copy soon

I'm excited beyond words to announce that you'll be able to participate in my dream within the next two to three weeks. And then a fresh, hardbound, colorful and incredible, 428-page copy of Choices Meant for Gods will be yours to read and enjoy. Choices is the first book in a fantasy trilogy, and it's a lifelong dream of mine finally come to fruition.

Choices Meant for Gods is the story of a young lady who's been on the run from a madman all her life. When she decides to stand and fight, she discovers she's wrapped in centuries of prophecy that involve her protecting the very gods of her society. It's a fantasy story with dragons (good and downright evil); sorcerers; magic (but I have coined the concept of "geasa" because it's not quite "magic"); a touch of romance; a lot of danger; an element of prophecy; "a fair bit of humor," as Mage Confusion author Ginny McMorrow says; a fabulous old wizard; a new race of people who protect prophecy and chosen prophets; some new monsters and demons that were created during the First War; and a few other plot devices that ought to keep the reader flipping pages until deep into the night...at least it kept M.B. Weston, author of A Prophecy Forgotten flipping pages until deep into the morning hours. She got fussy with me about that, actually...keeping her up all night reading...

But I digress.

Choices Meant for Gods is at the printer, and I couldn't be any happier. I'll certainly let you know when you can order your copy to read. ArcheBooks, the publisher, will have a mechanism for ordering from their site, but you'll be able to get it through all the usual channels as well...Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon, etc.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Well Sandy, you know as soon as I can get a copy, provided my finances are also stable at that point in time, I'll be ordering one of your books. You've convinced me that I should expand my reading horizons and if it is as well written as your excerpts make it appear to be or as the Vampire story you've been writing (the serial) is, I am quite sure I will enjoy a definite change of pace in my literary adventures.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

And that day is comin' soon!
The proof should be back from the printer within the week...and then copies will be available for ordering about two weeks after that.

I'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home