Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Word of the Day
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Anathema (noun) – Cursed; someone or something that is cursed, usually by ecclesiastical authority; someone or something that is disliked greatly (from Latin)

Word in a Sentence: In my novel Choices Meant for Gods, the gods considered Julette anathema after she railed against her husband and creator of the world with the First War.

Your turn! Notice that the word doesn’t get any sort of definite or indefinite article before it. What sort of cursed sentences do you have in you today?

Tags: Choices Meant for Gods, Sandy Lender, grammar, word

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I have come to the conclusion that shingles are my own personal anathema. Supposedly they are healed but the blasted things tend to revisit via sharp pains in my right side, in the front and in the back, keeping me from sleeping soundly, preventing me from sitting comfortably too at times. I wouldn't wish this type of anathema on to my worst enemy!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Girlfriend,
I've heard that shingles and chicken pox originate with the same strain of virus. Did you go through chicken pox as a child? It doesn't seem fair that you should have to suffer both. And shingles, from what I've been told, is the far greater of the two evils.
You have my sympathies!
Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home