Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Writers Guide
Carpe Diem, Kids

I know all ya'll visitors have seen this quote before (I believe I've posted it here at The Dragon before). But as I drain my checking account to attend DragonCon this weekend (I fly out this afternoon) for the grand purpose of promoting the epic fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods and the name Sandy Lender as a new fantasy author, I thought this concept was ideal. And all of us writers should be living by it (if we aren't already):

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO-HOO, what a ride!

The quote is typically listed as anonymous when you find it, but I've seen it attributed to Erma Bombeck. Everybody have a fantastic weekend and check back Tuesday morning for pictures and highlights from DragonCon!

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home