Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday, March 21, 2008
Word of the Day
Exculpatory (adjective) — proving blameless; proving guiltless; clearing of a charge (from Latin meaning "removal away from blame")

Word in a Sentence: In the fantasy trilogy Choices Meant for Gods, Hrazon seeks exculpatory evidence to clear Chariss in the murder of a woman in the Taiman home to prove her goodness to the lesser goddess Mia.

Your turn! Yes, look at that! We're getting into Book II with our example sentences, aren't we? The plot thickens… But you have some creative sharing to do, too, oh visitor! Can you provide a clever sentence with today's Word of the Day?

"Some days, I just wan the dragon to win."
Tags: , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I think I would make photocopies of the payments made to the DISH network company, forward them to the company as EXCULPATORY evidence that the dealings with their Mafia based firm are completed, paid in full, if you please. And $75 and change is NOT a paltry sum when you've already had them gouge you for $180.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni,
Fabulous. And I so totally agree on all counts. I guess I could have dug out my bank statements from last summer. Those last two payments were made over the phone when I called in to find out what the devil was going on and why I STILL had cable channels out in the swamp when I'd been trying to shut them down. RAR! So my exculpatory evidence involves a third party...
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home