Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, March 11, 2007

No Stopping
Or…when do I get to sleep again?

There’s an inspirational quote from an unknown author that goes like this: “The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” Yes it is. I have been tempted to pull the moving van into the next rest stop and just stay there for a few weeks. I don’t think I can express how tired I am.

So how can a person be this tired/exhausted and this wired/exhilarated at the same time? No, I’m not bipolar or manic depressive (oh, well, the jury’s still out on the manic depressive issue, wouldn’t you think?). I’m just experiencing the phenomenon known as “too many irons in the fire.”

It’s kinda fun. See, I’m supposed to be editing a book, but I can’t quite get to it because I’m proofing the galleys for Choices Meant for Gods this weekend. But I’m also preparing the marketing materials I’ll have for CMFG at the Lee County Reading Festival next weekend. I’m also working on this and two other blogs. I’m also trying to figure out how to build my website. Now, don’t get me wrong; I’m not complaining. I’m pleased as punch to have all these things to do for the release of my fantasy novel. That’s been the dream my whole life. I think I’m just lulled by the false sense of peace the parking spot offers there at the rest stop where some authors go when they think they don’t have to promote their own work.

Hmm.

I believe I’ll keep driving. Isn’t it Captain Kirk who quotes Peter Pan? First star to the right and straight on ’til morning? Something like that applies.

“Some days, I just want the dragon to win.”

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Raven Bower said...

lol Yeah it is isn't it? Those spots look so comfy and inviting...but not nearly as exciting as a new book coming out!

9:55 AM  
Blogger theauthormike said...

Sandy My Love, You can not even think of dying until you are finished with this stories. It has gotten so tense that I glued my teeth in and started bitting my nails again. LOL
Mikey

4:56 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Dying?
I think the rest stop is just where writers hang out and think they can relax, not die! Eegads.

But you're right. I can't fall on a sword until I get all these stories out of my soul! ;)

(The vampire story isn't tense...is it? Dude, if you think it's tense now, just wait until we get a few more scenes into it. There's another plot twist comin' that you'll want to take those teeth out for. ***insert evil laughter here***)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:18 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

...and, Raven, one of those resting spots did look pretty inviting at 1:30 a.m. when the words on the computer screen were blurring before my eyes! It's difficult to proofread when one can't see the screen.

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

6:19 AM  
Blogger Raven Bower said...

Something tells me we're going to have to start stocking you up on chocolate and coffee :)

Though I think even those only work for so long.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Frightening concept of the day, Raven:
I'm not allowed to have caffeine.

Now consider the number of hours of sleep I've had since Saturday...

Yeah, but chocolate is fair game because the trace amounts of caffeine in it aren't high enough for the doctor to endure the argument from me. :) And THAT sounds like a great blog for Nigel to post over at sandylender.blogspot.com tonight...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home