Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, September 08, 2007


Congratulations to Sword Winner Duane Kessler
Or...The Dragon gave away another Choices Meant for Gods sword at DragonCon

The fabulous mage in the photo with Fantasy Author Sandy Lender is none other than the latest in the string of sword winners, Mister Duane Kessler. While attending DragonCon in Atlanta last weekend, Duane put his name in the drawing for a replica of Jorin Taiman's training sword, and, lucky him, he won! His friend snapped this shot before they trotted off to enjoy the rest of the convention with "live steel" in hand.

Congratulations to Duane and thank you to everyone who entered the contest. I swear I'm not going to spam you. If there's anyone else out there who'd like to win one of these fabulous swords, you just have to watch for a book signing or event where I'll be live and in person (right now I know I'm doing the Renaissance Art Festival in Naples Nov. 24-25) and come out to see me and the epic fantasy novel I'm so proud to be autographing at those events. And if you'd like to get your copy of Choices Meant for Gods beforehand, you can grab it at Amazon (where they've had to order more copies again...) or at my publisher's site at http://www.archebooks.com/BookIDX/Indexes/Fantasy/CMG/CMGDesc.htm.

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , ,

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Dani Harper, Author said...

Congratulations Duane! And kudos to Sandy for coming up with the most original prize I've ever heard of --- way to go!

Wishing you every success

Dani Harper
www.romancingthewolf.com

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Came across your blog on the AuthorIslanda site. Your book looks very promising. (first published book?) I've seen references to your book a few times on Amazon, Borders and B&N. Congratulations

Wanda

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi- Just discovered you on Authorisland. Fantasy books are a favorite of mine and I'm always on the look out for someone I haven't heard of before.

7:12 AM  
Blogger LadyRavn said...

You were mentioned in the Author Island Email and I decided to look you up, looking forward to reading some of your books.

LadyRavn

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Duane! I found your site also through AuthorIsland and hope I might be a new winner! blacksnake@mchsi.com

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just visited for the first time and enjoyed my time perusing your site. Will return

3:42 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I've been following your progress with the book - hopefully my treating the kids to dinner today after the grandson's season opener pee wee football game won't break my checking account so I can finally order a copy of your book! (I plan to give it to my almost 16-year-old stepgranddaughter for Christmas cause she loves fantasy!) But even more, I waiting patiently for you to restart the "Word of the Day!" Help! I'm going to go brain dead if you don't get a move on doing that again - soon too.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Tam G. said...

Congratulations to Duane! I found your site also through AuthorIsland. I've never read anything by you before, I'd love to win one of your books, I love finding new authors to read.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations to Duane!! Just found out about your site and books from Author Island.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is an avid sword collector. He loves to bring home his latest finds from conventions and stores. He really loves your sword, as do I and to have won it. I am so proud. Can't wait to read your book.

Jennifer

10:36 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm looking forward to reading your book (definitely on my tbb list). I love fantasy books! I came over to your blog from the link on AuthorIslands site.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Bradley Baker said...

Hi!

I found you through authorisland.com. I look forward to reading your first (and hopefully amny more!) book.

-Brad

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home