Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, September 05, 2007


Welcome to The Dragon
Or...if you've just come from DragonCon, good morning and welcome to The Dragon

It was a long and eventful Labor Day weekend in Atlanta and I plan to blog about it for a few days here, but I'll start by welcoming everyone who stopped by the Choices Meant for Gods table waaaaaaaaaay back in the warm little corner of the Hilton basement by the emergency exit doors. It was a joy to meet everyone. Tomorrow, I'll post about the Jorin Taiman sword contest. Today, I'm just thankful to get this simple image on here to announce that I'm back home and on my way to the office...

If you didn't pick up the book to carry in your luggage on a plane home from DragonCon, by all means, check it out online! There's information about it here, of course. The Word of the Day entries from May 21 to July 21 include the Old English and "other" influences for some of the fantasy words I created for the novel. There are a couple of deleted scenes you'll find in the search feature under creative key words like "scene." You can also read the first three chapters in a free sample at my publisher's site at www.archebooks.com under the fantasy authors, or you can go straight to www.amazon.com and read all the five-star reviews for Choices Meant for Gods. I completed an online book tour July 21 so there are a plethora of online sources with information about Fantasy Author Sandy Lender and the high fantasy novel Choices Meant for Gods out there...Google is your friend. But I invite you to stop back by this site frequently for updates on the novel, its sequel due out by the end of the year, writing tips and promotional ideas, and the ever-popular Word of the Day that I swear I'll start again...if for no other reason than to make Jeni happy...

"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

Tags: , , , ,

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just popping in to say Hi from Author Island

2:17 PM  
Blogger Minna said...

Just popping in to say Hi from Author Island and Finland!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Well thank you Ms Sandy! I do appreciate your thoughtfulness there - and that you will attend to my need to expand my vocabulary too! Seriously, I have missed your "word of the day" routine and would love to see it return.

10:56 AM  
Blogger bluecat said...

I love your blog! I've started from the beginning and having a blast. Saying HI from authorisland.com!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

Hi read about you in author island's news letter. Sounds like a great book and I absolutely love the title of your blog. And shoot sorry I missed dragoncon this year. Maybe next year.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Jeni!!!
I'm so insanely busy that I just can't get these things together, but I intend to start 'em back up. Just you wait...we'll have some good ones...

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy Lender said...

Bluecat,
That could take HOURS! You are more diligent than I, but I hope you find some of the posts entertaining. Have fun!

OOOOh! And tell me what grammar guide you wanna see me do next... ;)

Sandy L.
"Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

7:02 PM  
Blogger Debby said...

Ju stopped by to say Hi from Author Island. I do beleive that the Dragon should win.

6:36 AM  
Blogger CherylS22 said...

Just stopping by from Author Island to say "Hi!"

5:13 PM  
Blogger blessedheart said...

Hi Sandy,
I stopped by today on a recommendation from AuthorIsland. I love the title of your blog and I will definitely be stopping by more often. CHOICES MEANT FOR GODS sounds like a great story and I can't wait to read it!

Rhonda :-)

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I was just over at Author Island. I love the phrase, "Some days, I just want the dragon to win."

What a great way to celebrate Simon's birthday.

Take Care,
Kecia

6:22 AM  
Blogger Tam G. said...

Just wanted to come over to say Hello.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just came by from author island to
say hi, what a cool name for the blog. i love dragons myself.

7:50 PM  
Blogger peggy said...

hello from authors island good luck on your book

5:55 AM  
Blogger dbrown3400 said...

Dropping in from Author Island to say "Hello" from New Jersey and may the dragon win.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home