Today the Dragon Wins

"Today the Dragon Wins" offers information from Fantasy Author and Professional Editor Sandy Lender. You'll also find dragons, wizards, sorcerers, and other fantasy elements necessary for a fabulous story, if you know where to look...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Misbehaving in Candlelight

Sandy Lender is the editor of an international trade publication and the author of the fantasy novels Choices Meant for Gods and Choices Meant for Kings, available from ArcheBooks Publishing, and the series-supporting chapbook, What Choices We Made.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Contest Ends Tomorrow
Or...Happy Birthday to Simon LeBon

Yes, it's an odd way to celebrate a lead singer's birthday, but we writers are odd that way. All of you writers visiting the site know this about yourselves. All of you readers visiting the site are probably figuring this out, if you didn't already realize it. Welcome to you all.

The explanation: If you're stopping in after reading about the contest over at Author Island, welcome Author Islanders! It's a pleasure to have you stopping by to celebrate Simon LeBon's birthday, which, I do realize you're not really doing. It's a pleasure to have you stopping by to check out a little information about my epic fantasy novel, Choices Meant for Gods. Leave your happy comment in the comments link below and I'll be sure you're in the drawing tomorrow, Saturday, the 27th, Simon's actual birthday, and we'll see who the lucky reader is who gets a signed, hard-cover, first edition copy of the book, in a fabulous goodie basket. Sound cool?

Now! The book! The info is at www.authorisland.com under fantasy under my name: Sandy Lender. (Yes, I know, you wanted to read it here if you didn't come from Author Island, but the point is to support each other, so you get to link or you get to come back here Sunday. Bwuahahahahaha.) Choices Meant for Gods is a fantasy novel in the style of Tolkien, Goodkind (before he got preachy), Lackey, and the folks who like to get you totally involved in the characters for a long time. In other words, this is the beginning of a trilogy. You can read reviews and pick up a copy at BarnesandNoble.com and Amazon.com. (the Amazon one has free shipping)

Enjoy!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cherie J said...

Stopping by from authorisland.com. Choices Meant For Gods sounds wonderful! I have to add this to my wishlist. I didn't know that October 27th is Duran Duran's Simon LeBon's Birthday. I am an October baby as well so I thought that was especially cool although mine was on October 8th, in the beginning of the month. Thanks for such a cool contest! Keeping my fingers crossed.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Me said...

My friend told me her mom would always bake Paul McCartney a birthday cake and I thought that was fantastic and decided to carry on likewise, only being a child of the 80's, I chose Simon. So, Happy Birthday, Simon LeBon!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home